Our client in Stellenbosch has celebrated South Africa’s culinary heritage since its opening in 2007 and is seen as a gourmet destination.
Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing exceptional restaurant service; managing staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking full responsibility for your actions and management ethics.
- Sound accounting practices which includes invoicing, deposit handling, accurate stock management and true reporting of any deviations, true cash-ups and -reports.
- Management of accurate and proper reservations and professionalism when dealing with guests.
- Ordering stock items from approved and preferred suppliers which is in line with the company rules and regulations.
- Time and task management of staff and work output to achieve timelines and required standards.
- Management of staff related issues such as daily staff training, staff motivation and morale, staff retention, staff discipline and counselling, staff rostering.
- Recruitment of staff
- Taking full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the restaurant which includes all operational challenges and solutions.
- Maintaining a service centric culture at all times.
- Taking full responsibility for managing an Occupational Health and Safety environment which includes the management of a daily Hygiene roster, daily health and safety tasks and the service and maintenance of all health and safety equipment which includes all kitchen and front of house service equipment, extractor fans, fire-fighting equipment, grease traps, restrooms, and a general safe working environment.
- To ensure safe cash handling and cash banking procedures.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by establishing and monitoring financial controls, analysing variances; initiating corrective actions; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Drive the restaurant’s business plan by identifying and evaluating growth opportunities.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analysing variances; taking corrective actions and the true reporting of these issues.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and service centric standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and managing quality control, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with guests.
- Basic HR duties such as recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications
A recognised Hospitality Qualification, A recognised Wine Training Qualification, At least 5 years experience in a senior management roll, Cost Accounting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus.
Willing and able to work flexible working hours in line with hospitality industry practices, including weekends and public holidays.
Highly motivated and passionate about the Hospitality industry
Meticulous, assertive, alert, inspirational
Deadline and timeline driven
Great multi-tasking skills
Good communication skills on all levels
Able to work systematically and accurately
Hard -working, honest Great Team-player
Updated CV with contactable references
Recent, presentable profile photo
Copies of Tertiary Education
Copies of Written references
Copy of your Driver’s licence
Competitive market related salary. To be discussed during the interview