We are on the hunt for a qualified Pastry Chef for a top manufactory in Stellenbosch. The manufactory includes a small cafe, experimental kitchen bakery and patisserie – the place where great creations are born. Our client is focussed on breads, pastries and Café foods, whilst exploring new concepts
Ensuring high standards and quality of production. Ensure that hygiene standards within the department are being maintained at the highest level at all times.
- Assist by ensuring the smooth running of the department
- Maintain control to ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Sheeting, shaping and baking of croissant products
- Ensuring all items produced are of a high and consistent quality
- Assist with training of staff, when required
- Assist with the production prep for Café orders
- Ensure hygiene standards within the department are being maintained at the highest level at all times
- Assist Head Pastry Chef when required
Skills & Requirements
- Min Matric
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification will be an advantage (Degree, certificate, diploma) to this position
- Minimum 2 Year’s relevant experience
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal Skills – Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- The pastry chefs will be requited to start work at 2am – 11am.
- Reliable transport is required
- Applicants must reside in Stellenbosch vicinity
Candidates, who are already residing in the Western Cape will have preference. We can only consider South African Citizens or applicants who hold a valid South African Permanent Residence! No Work Permit applications will be accepted! Applicants, who live in other provinces of South Africa still need to attend personal interviews and if requested to do any cook-offs, will do so completely at their own expense. We handle high volumes of applications daily and will only be able to reply, via e-mail, to candidates who have met our clients’ requirements.
Due to the high volume of CV’s received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications submitted must contain:
- Updated CV with contactable references
- Tertiary Education
- Written Reference Letters
- A recent, presentable profile photo’s
- Your top 4 food photos (for chefs)
- Copies of Menus worked on (for chefs)
How to apply
Download our Candidate Registration Form below, fill it in and e-mail it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org