Our client, a well-known and respected Manufacturer in Stellenbosch, is seeking an experienced Kitchen Head to Manage and oversee all staff and kitchen functions, optimising the available resources to ensure highest standards of efficiency and quality of execution. The Manufactory includes a small cafe, experimental kitchen, bakery and patisserie
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Manage all staff in kitchen (work, schedules exc)
o Quality Control – 1st level of quality control
o Stock take & ordering – every Tuesday and month end
o Maintenance management of Kitchen Equipment – execute regular maintenance. Report and resolve equipment failures
o Kitchen equipment register to be kept
o Shift schedules & Overtime management – Set up weekly shift schedules and approve/decline overtime
o Receiving orders and send them out accurately and on time
o Assist in production requirements – plan stock ordering according to demand and manage stock levels
o Managing- and documenting waste – limit and capture
o Documenting processes and systems for Kitchen prep efficiency o HACCP implementation
o Update recipes and Recipe Book
o Cleaning schedule execution
o Be the Team Leader and take responsibility
- You are expected to have full knowledge of our ingredients, processes, suppliers and procedures
- No shortcuts! Recipes are to be executed diligently.
- Prepare store working area to ensure it is ready for trade by cleaning work areas, equipment,utensils and dishes.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage, ensuring to labelcorrectly and including an expiry date.
- Complete the checklist and ticks next to each task to confirm that it has been actioned.
- Prepare orders as per Café Purchase orders
- Prepare products as per recipe and product manual – reference to daily production charts.
- Follow production chart and prepare items according to the food, meat and bread laws – cuttingtechniques to be followed thoroughly
- Greet and acknowledge customers when approached or when in FOH area.
- Prepare and/or deliver presentable and correct orders to the customers
- Complete preparation charts on time
- Must have good product knowledge
- Work speedily in all positions
- Assist management and other crew members in working together as a team
- Monitor and report waste to the manager
- Inform the manager when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly
- Never dispose of waste before it has been reported and recorded
- Ensure high personal hygiene standards are followed at all times
- Practice “Clean as You Go” at all times and ensure consistently high hygiene standards in the store.
- Wash hands regularly and as trained.
- Assist in training up new recruits as per the brand standards and requirements.
- Ensure working area is closed according to the closing checklist and procedures.
- Provide customers with a friendly and welcoming greeting and helpful service when entering storeor when being approached. – Remove
- Ensure continuous awareness of all promotions, product standards and specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
1-2 Years’ Experience as a Chef, managing staff, overseeing kitchen function
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet, spreadsheet and Word Processing software
Due to the high volume of CV’s received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications submitted must contain:
- Updated CV with contactable references
- Tertiary Educational documents
- Written Reference Letters
- A recent profile photo
- Cover Letter stipulating why you are the perfect candidate
How to apply
Download our Candidate Registration Form below, fill it in and e-mail it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants need to stay in Stellenbosch vicinity
R8 500 – R9 500 per month