Our client, a well-established and admired brand, situated on the slopes of the Simonsberg mountains, Stellenbosch is seeking to employ a Hospitality Manager to oversee and manage various hospitality outlets which includes the restaurant, wine tasting centre, conferencing, events and picnics.
Role Objectives and Responsibilities
Ensure the Hospitality division operates efficiently and profitably. Representation of the Brand at all times.
To lead and manage the hospitality team which includes appointment, deployment, staff development, staff hours, performance appraisals and retention.
Ensure compliance with all licensing, hygiene and health and safety regulations.
Strong business sense and financial acumen to implement financial controls to ensure profitability and increase of visitors to the property.
Ability to plan and strategize with senior management to grow all hospitality outlets via a business plan.
Determine and implement service excellence standards and systems and to monitor & evaluate the outcome.
Security in opening and closing of the hospitality outlets.
To manage general housekeeping standards and conduct a daily walk-about on the property to ensure all areas are ready and serviced prior to the start of shift.
To plan and control the day-to-day operations of the Hospitality Department including inventory levels, daily training, procurement, maintenance issues and staff scheduling.
Co-ordinate and manage all Food and Beverage outlets.
Budgeting, planning, forecasting and taking responsibility for expenditures.
Ensure guest satisfaction and feedback management.
To plan, coordinate and execute events as per agreed company standards which includes liaising with the guests, following up with payments and creating special menus if required.
Work closely with the chef regarding menu-planning and costing
To ensure all costings are in line with company policy, which includes the sourcing of contractors and suppliers.
Take full responsibility of stock control and management of counts on a daily basis.
Daily / weekly preparation of sales reports, compared to stock movements and evaluating variances.
Reconciliation of management accounts, cash-ups, function revenues to expenditure.
Proper record-keeping of all income and expenditure.
General maintenance of the interior and exterior of the restaurant, including the planning, service and upkeep of hospitality equipment.
Monthly reporting to Senior Management to include food and beverage report, financial outcomes, staff training completed, maintenance issues.
- A recognised Hospitality Qualification
- At least 2-years’ experience in successfully managing a multi operational business unit
- Experience in managing a highly motivated team and running daily Head of Department meetings
- Experience in profitably managing a Wine Tasting Centre
- Willing and able to work flexible working hours in line with hospitality industry practices, including weekends and public holidays which are normal trading days.
- Highly motivated and passionate about the Hospitality Industry
- Energetic, Outspoken and Self-Confident
- Positive Character and Solution Orientated
- Inspiring to work with and Influential
- Approachable and Innovative
- Hospitality and Customer orientated
- Great Industry knowledge
1 August 2019
Candidates, who are already residing in the Western Cape will have preference. We can only consider South African Citizens or applicants who hold a valid South African Permanent Residence! No Work Permit applications will be accepted! Applicants, who live in other provinces of South Africa still need to attend personal interviews and if requested to do any cook-offs, will do so completely at their own expense. We handle high volumes of applications daily and will only be able to reply, via e-mail, to candidates who have met our clients’ requirements.
Due to the high volume of CV’s received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications submitted must contain:
- Updated CV
- Tertiary Educational certificates, diplomas
- Written Reference Letters, where possible
- A recent presentable profile photo
- Your top 5 food photos (for chefs)
- Copies of Menus worked on (for chefs)
How to apply
Download our Candidate Registration Form below, fill it in and e-mail it back to us at email@example.com