We are looking to appoint an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager at a busy restaurant in the heart of Stellenbosch. This position will require meticulous attention to detail in a relaxed but busy environment with a passion for customer service, great food and a good wine knowledge . The candidate should also have strong operational, organising and communication skills.
Assist in Co-ordinating and managing the restaurant’s daily flow, ensure guest satisfaction and a smooth running of service
Meticulous attention to detail with strong administrative skills to take reservations, correspond to guest enquiries, daily stock management and reporting, cash up procedures, orders, supplier liaison, cleaning schedules and daily training check lists
To assist in planning and controlling the day-to-day operations of the outlet including inventory levels and maintenance issues
Daily hygiene and health and safety regulations.
The above serves only as an outline and responsibilities won’t be limited to these.
- A recognised wine training course / certificate will be advantageous
- Own transport will be advantageous
- Valid drivers licence
- Confident, balanced and mature person
- Resilient, adaptable
- Meticulous – attention to detail a must
- Good time management skills
- Builds relationships/Relationship management
- Good multitasking skills
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Guest orientated
- Understands the importance of managing customer experience
- Written references will be required
Candidates, who are already residing in the Western Cape will have preference. We can only consider South African Citizens or applicants who hold a valid South African Permanent Residence! No Work Permit applications will be accepted! Applicants, who live in other provinces of South Africa still need to attend personal interviews and if requested to do any cook-offs, will do so completely at their own expense. We handle high volumes of applications daily and will only be able to reply, via e-mail, to candidates who have met our clients’ requirements.
Due to the high volume of CV’s received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications submitted must contain:
- Updated CV with contactable references
- Copies of Educational documents
- Written Reference Letters
- A recent, presentable profile photo
To be discussed during the interview